The basic rhythm is 4/4 or 2/4 timing and is made of five smooth walking steps taken to 8 counts of music. The rhythm is slow, slow, quick, quick, slow. The slow steps consume two beats of music and the quick steps one. Tango is danced in a closed position, usually closer than in other dances with the man's left hand holding the lady's right hand and his right hand is placed on her lower back.
One of the most fascinating of all dances, the tango is a sensual ballroom dance that originated in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the early twentieth century. Tango dancers typically express an element of romance in their synchronized movements.
Click To Learn More About Ballroom Dancing
The Lady's Steps
The Gentlemen's Steps
1. Step back with your right foot
2. Step back with your left foot passing the right foot
3. Step back again with your right foot this time passing the left foot
4. Step back and to the left with your left foot
5.Right foot close to left foot
Learn The Basic Dance Steps of The Tango
1. Step forward with your left foot
2. Step forward with your right foot passing the left foot
3. Step forward again with your left foot this time passing the right foot
4. Step forward and to the right with your right foot
5. Left foot close to right foot